Nicola Brown is a Trainee Solicitor at MKB Solicitors. Within her Training Contract Nicola will undertake work within Private Client, Family and Residential Conveyancing in order to complete her contentious and non-contentious periods of recognised training.
Nicola joined MKB Solicitors in 2017 after graduating from Sheffield Hallam University with an Honours Law Degree. Nicola has been a Paralegal within the Private Client Department, under Senior Partner Steven Dawson for the past two years whilst simultaneously undergoing her LLM Legal Practice (Solicitors) Course at BPP University part time on weekends.
Nicola has assisted in all aspects of Private Client Law including:
- Tax Planning
- Estate Administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Applications to the Court of Protection
- Advising Attorneys and Court of Protection appointed Deputies
- Creating and Administration of Trusts
- Conveyancing Transactions for example, Property Sales arising from an Estate
Nicola has also regularly assisted the Family Department, particularly dealing with cases involving Children and regularly attends Public Law Outline Meetings.